The Facilities Manager is a full-time position and is responsible for maintaining the buildings of the country club. The Facilities Manager performs and supervises tasks related to maintenance, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, environmental, safety, custodial and event coordination. This position is also a liaison to several vendor partners including Cable, Internet, IT services
and maintenance. This position requires a team player attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to details and project coordination. This is an extremely hands on position that requires the ability to work varying shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Reports directly to the General Manager and communicates daily on Club operations. The Facilities Manager has a clear understanding of acceptable business practices and can collaborate with all department heads and support the General Manager. Oversees the following personnel and makes recommendations to the General Manager concerning personnel and maintenance of the property.
- Laundry and Housekeeping Staff
- Maintenance Staff
Responsibilities and Authorities
- Manages and performs all work related to the maintenance of Club buildings including but not
limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, custodial, security and kitchen equipment.
- Maintains facilities associated with the clubhouse, pool facility, tennis/pickleball courts, golf
course restrooms and fitness center by closely monitoring equipment and completing necessary
testing as required. Also maintains accurate records of all maintenance repairs. Performs repairs
and preventative maintenance as needed.
- Develops and manages the facility work order system. Assigns tasks to appropriate team
member(s) to complete in a timely manner. Develops and manages the Club’s ongoing
preventative maintenance program.
- Maintains accurate records of all equipment, projects, and repairs. Keeps Maintenance Shop and
storage areas in good working order.
- Coordinates the purchasing to procure parts and items needed for maintenance, completion of
work orders and general departmental supplies.
- Hires, trains, schedules and supervises maintenance and housekeeping staff.
- Oversees and provides custodial/housekeeping needs of the Club.
- Oversees and assists in event coordination by ensuring proper scheduling of set up and take
down for all outside and inside meetings, events, and otherwise as discussed with Food and
- Keeps buildings safe by making sure the building code requirements are met.
Monitors and maintains campus wide security cameras and serves as the point of contact for
- Works with General Manager to report problems, solutions, and costs associated. Provides a
weekly status update on any pending project.
- Promotes a positive team attitude with employees and members.
- Administers contract programs, obtains bids, identifies suppliers/sub-contractors, and supervise
contractors and vendors as they relate to maintenance.
- Implements procedures for handling, storing, safekeeping, and destruction of hazardous
materials. Maintain MSDS system.
- Works with General Manager and Controller to manage annual facility budget.
- Regularly inspects and addresses the Club properties for areas of concern.
- Ensures compliance and implementation of policies as they relate to Club facilities.
- Performs general handy-man type maintenance duties associated with the facility.
- Performs carpentry work including drywall repair, painting, hang pictures, locksmith work.
- Moves furniture, machinery, equipment, and other materials as requested.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes or Laws.
- Handles and installs all chemicals and equipment for swimming pools.
- Assists the Pool Manager with cleaning and minor repairs of swimming pools.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining inventory of chemicals, parts, and Clubhouse supplies.
- Serves as primary contact for facility related emergencies.
Experience and Qualifications
- College degree in related field or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- Minimal of 3 years’ experience in facilities management and supervising others.
- General construction knowledge and carpentry experience a plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to operate efficiently in a team environment.
- Private Club experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates positive leadership and staff management skills.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to serve the membership and fellow department heads.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Demonstrates experience and capability in the areas of membership/client relations with an
emphasis in day-to-day operations.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with
minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required and willing to work long hours including,
days, evenings, weekends, and holidays based on business requirements and operational needs.
- Positive attitude, team player/builder, and professional appearance in all situations.
- Bending, squatting, lifting 50 lbs. or more, constant standing, turning, and walking.
- Must be able to exemplify the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- Valid driver’s license.
Salary and Benefits
The Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Fort Collins Country Clubs offers a very
competitive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, free shift meals, golf, tennis
and fitness privileges, holiday bonus and vacation and sick time.
If you are interested in joining a fun and talented team that prides itself on providing exceptional member
service, we would love to hear from you!
Email your current resume and a cover letter to Jenny@fortcollinscc.com.