EMPLOYEE SERVICES AND EXPERIENCE MANAGER
Fort Collins Country Club, the premiere, full-service private club in Northern Colorado, is seeking to hire this newly created Employee Services and Experience Manager. This family-oriented country club offers golf, tennis, food and beverage, wellness and pool to approximately 680 members.
The Employee Services and Experience Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of Human Resources including recruiting/retention, benefits, hiring/onboarding, payroll, performance management, compliance, training and development, and all other HR strategy and operations. The qualified candidate should have a respectful presence with the department leadership team, be an exceptional communicator, and possess interpersonal skills and the maturity to instinctively know how to treat staff, members and guests with a high-level of service. He or she must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
I. JOB SUMMARY:
The Employee Services and Experience Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of Human Resources including
recruiting/retention, benefits, hiring/onboarding, payroll, performance management, compliance, training and
development, and all other HR strategy and operations.
Have a respectful presence with the department leadership team, are an exceptional communicator, and possess
interpersonal skills and the maturity to instinctively know how to treat staff, members and guests with a high-level
of service. He or she must be detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
II. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports directly to the General Manager and works in tandem with the Controller and AGM/Membership Director.
The Employee Services & Experience Manager has a clear understanding of acceptable human resource practices and
can collaborate with department heads and support the General Manager.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
Human Resources Strategy, Administration and Compliance
- Drives the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, updates and revises as needed to
ensure relevance and compliance.
- Performs benchmarking activities and explores new strategies as appropriate. Monitors trends and performs
analysis, adjusts as needed.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate and/or as directed by the General Manager on Employee concerns
about EEOC, harassment, and lawsuits.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to the Leadership Team to improve Club’s policies, procedures,
salary/compensation program, and practices on employment matters.
- Continually reviews and assists in updating the Employee handbook and employment-related policies informing
the Leadership Team of any conflicting policies or errors discovered or due to changes in the law.
Employee Recruitment, Selection, and Onboarding
- Strategizes with Leadership Team to create a recruitment and retention strategy, building a strong applicant
pipeline in all areas of the Club.
- Creates a strong interviewing process and protocols; trains managers in effective interviewing techniques,
ensuring HR serves as the culture gatekeeper for the Club.
- Tracks recruitment metrics such as turnover, time-to-fill stats, and exit interview data and provide recruitment
insights to management team.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the employee orientation program and works with managers
to ensure effective training programs are used at the department level.
Employee Engagement & Performance Management
- Maintains a welcoming presence and open-door policy in the HR department.
- Encourages employees to provide feedback and share concerns, acting on feedback in a timely manner.
- Develops the Club’s progressive discipline program with Leadership Team and drives Employee performance
- Coaches managers on job-related discipline, concerns, and discharges, providing appropriate training for
managers on coaching, counseling, and progressive discipline.
- Drives Employee engagement and appreciation efforts by creating and coordinating employee events and
- Creates and facilitates the annual employee engagement survey.
- Drives effective employee communication, using all avenues, especially the digital space.
Employee Benefits, Compensation and Payroll
- Manages group insurance, retirement, leave of absence, unemployment and other employee benefits.
- Partners with insurance providers to ensure appropriate employee care and effective cost management.
- Develops compensation strategy, completes an annual review of Employee wages, review increases and changes
to pay structures to ensure wages conform to budget requirements and competitive market shifts throughout
- Facilitates timely and accurate processing of all payroll and commission payouts semi-monthly utilizing an outside
- Offers support to Accounting by ensuring payroll & benefits systems are properly aligned with the Club’s general
ledger, maintains the accuracy of transactions processed between those systems as changes are made over time,
and assists with special projects as needed.
IV. EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university with a concentration in Human Resources, Accounting
- 3-5 years of professional human resources experience, a possessive of a fundamental understanding club industry
- Demonstrated strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Charismatic, influential leadership with the ability to mentor and lead others.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to serve the membership and fellow department heads.
- Strategic thinking and natural “thought partner” style
- Must be able to exemplify the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
V. WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
- Must be able to work in a busy environment while maintaining organization, attention to detail and optimal
- Must be able to work in a warm or cold environments at times. Functions outside may require working in a hot,
sunny, cool, cold, and/or rainy conditions.
- Independent mobility throughout Clubhouse and Club property.
- Ability to work a varied schedule set according to business needs including evenings, weekends and holidays and
available to take after-hours phone calls regarding Club business.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb stairs,
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and/or sit up to 12 hours per day.
- Able to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools and/or controls. Reach with hands and arms.
- Hearing and talking sufficient to communicate with members, guests, and co-workers.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, vision sufficient to read, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to push, pull, or lift up to 30 lbs.
To apply please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter addressed to Jenny Gwinner, GM, at email@example.com.